I have a lot to celebrate today and even this year.
Today May 22,nd is the 22nd wedding anniversary for my husband and I.
We have been a couple for 25 years – so a quarter of a century this year.
I have spent More than 1/2 of my life with my husband.
This year, it is also 30 years since I left Norway and became an adventurous expat.
My recipe for living in a happy, loving, and fulfilling relationship:
- Being real with one another
- Speaking our truth
- Sharing things with one another that feels heavy in our heart.
- Supporting one another.
- Taking responsibility for our own happiness
- Taking responsibility for our own growth and development
- Praising one another
- Showing and expressing gratitude towards each other
- Consciously giving the love our partner long for to feel loved.
- Understanding that intimacy and connection is of primary importance in our relationship when having a conflict and argument – not that of being right or bright.
- Having understood that love is a verb. Love is engaging in kind actions, which brings about feeling love for the other.
- Giving one another freedom to be ourself and to do our own things (from time to time).
- Family meals
- Quality one on one time almost every day.
- Spending a romantic weekend away at least ones per year.
- Dancing together
- Sharing positive experiences together and also sharing the family work-load
- Intentionally being positive and uplifting towards one another.
- Having the heart to say, “I am sorry.”
- Warm hugs, sex and physical touch.
- Being happy, proud and grateful for one another and for what we got.